Monday, March 31, 2008

Lessons from the Sinai

Hi family & friends! Forgive us for not posting more regularly. Internet service in Egypt is spotty at best and when we pull up the home page, everything is in arabic. They read from right to left, so just figuring out how to do this is a job.

Tonight is the last night we'll be able to write for awhile. The next 3 nights we'll be at the base of the probable mt. sinai. after that into israel.

Yes, Scott & I finally received our luggage! God used the experience to give us a jump start on lessons you learn in the desert - need for community, enjoying God's daily provision and not worrying about tomorrow, dependance on otherss . . . I could go on. I guess God thought Scott & I need a little extra help with these lessons!

Acacia trees are everywhere - providing just enough shade. Turns out more mature Acacia's also sometimes have thorns and actually are said to bleed. Sap comes out of bruised spots on the tree and falls onto rocks below - looks like drops of blood. Similar to how our groups are shade-giving, but also hard & painful sometimes.

We drove in open-top jeeps through the desert today. Scott was "whoo - hooing" all the way while I held on like grim death - but with a smile on my face : ) tons of fun and what a crazy gift.
RVL is doing some amazing teaching - Praying daily that the film captures his insights in the same powerful way we are experiencing them.

We love you all and are thinking about you often. Our Acacia family esp. today.
We love you all - thank you for continuing to pray for all of us & the kiddos. Reports are they are doing great.

Shema,
Cathi & Scott
p.s. Missing your feet in front of me today Brooke!

4 comments:

The Blevins' said...

You are so sweet Cathi. I miss traveling with you too. I am praying for you daily. Remember to drink your hot watered down gatorade. You don't want to get dehydrated. I know that you are doing great. i am so happy to hear that you got your luggage...I was so worried (i would have been freaking out, i know that). You guys are deeply missed, but we are all so excited for you. I love the jeep story...I can picture Scott in the desert with his bandanda around his face hooting and hollering. Don't forget to take pics. Love you guys.

court garrison said...

Oh I am sooo glad you got your luggage! I can only imagine the beautiful lessons you are learning right now. WE MISS YOU! More than you know. I love the Acacia info. Very very cool! Oh I cannot wait to hear all about it. I love yall!

lizzy said...

Very exciting. Glad you got your luggage. Scott, maybe you were right when you said you might not make it through Egypt without all your stuff if I'm not there. :)

Can't wait to hear all about the trup.

Miss you guys.

Page's said...

We all miss you both! Can't wait to hear about your travels...over Bar-b-que. ;)
Our treat!
Love,
The Page Family