Thursday, June 11, 2015

Day 3 In Haiti - Hope Filled Eyes

Hey, sorry this is a morning post we were a little tired after a long day yesterday! Let me tell you about me day. We woke up and had a normal Haiti morning ate breakfast, made sandwiches, and made some preparations for that days craft before the boys heading over to the hardware store to get some paint and the girls heading over to the orphanage.

Once we made it to the orphanage the girls had to wait for the kids to get out of school before we could visit them. Once the kids got out of school and got out of their uniforms and into their normal cloths we headed over to their play area, where I found the girl that I had particularly bonded with, Sophonie, whom they also call "Muet", which means mute, because though she can understand Creole well when she tries to speak it comes out as jibble jabble. As the day continued on and I continued to get to know Sophonie more the more I realized the great joy she had from the Lord and it completely amazed me! She has more hope and joy than I could ever imagine having, you can see it in her eyes and how she conducts herself with the biggest smile I have ever seen! 

As I went into the church service later that day I retained that beautiful picture of her gigantic smile and hope filled eyes and as I stood before the Lord worshiping him with my Haitian family I saw a vision of Jesus with his arms around the orphans and at that moment I gained the  hope and joy that Sophonie has, the joy that just a few hours later I could have never imagined having. How great is our God!


By Emily Green

3 comments:

Scott Heare said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scott Heare said...

Sounds like the scripture, "The joy of the Lord is our strength" is really coming alive for you Emily! I have a feeling her smile may be a forever picture in your mind and heart. Thank you for sharing your day. We are all smiling too and I am tackling my day with Joy because of your encouragement! - xo's - Cathi

Unknown said...

Emily this post made me smile! The joy of the Lord is our strength and my day is filled with joy as your post has encouraged me. Love, Hugs, and Prayers to you and the rest of the team.