Thursday, July 11, 2019

Fwd: Blog for Esther



---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <soccergirlsa@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 1:21 PM
Subject: Blog for Esther
To: <sshenderson7@gmail.com>
Cc: <sshenderson7@gmail.com>


Greetings from your fellow squinty eyed person from Africa 

15 days in and we're still going strong!!! Another day today with pastor Wilson of Kokombo ministry and health center. The day consisted of working with a local doctor and prescribing medication, physicals, and big smiles from the beautiful children of waibuga. It is very strange to know that many of the children we encounter in these remote villages have never seen an American, or anyone with lighter skin than their own. Yet many gave a wonderful welcome smile to us as we arrived! 

The expectations of this week have been challenging emotionally and physically. Riding in the van for 2+ hrs to helping over 100 children and moms. Indeed this trip has not disappointed at all or gotten boring in any way. Never a dull moment with our wonderful team. Also thank you Jesus for an air conditioned van and a good driver with good direction. 

I would now like to share a significant memory that I will keep in my heart after today. A young girl came in with the other families for treatment and monthly checkup. She was 6 yrs old and as tall as a 9 yr old. Her body was frail and her face was very pail. As we weighed her, she couldn't even stand upright. Gently her grandmother handed her to me so we could calculate the weight in a different way. As I cradled this sweet child in my arms I could feel her pain and aching somehow. Her eyes rolled back and up and down trying to focus but just couldn't. For those 5 seconds I felt what parents feel. When your own child is hurting and aching yet there is minimal things that a parent can give or do. 

I give a great deal of gratitude and thanks to all the parents I met today who walked some odd miles for their children's health. 

Thank you to everyone for your prayers, keep em' coming and goodnight 😴💤(its night time here FYI, time change) 


Sent from my iPhone

No comments: