Wednesday, July 17, 2019

July 17th

We were all in bed and asleep last night by 9:30. Upon waking up I spent the morning editing pictures of yesterday so I could send them home with Carl and Tracy who leave today. They were a great couple and we enjoyed them thoroughly. I was supposed to meet with Juliet but by the time she came we were packing up to meet Pastor Wilson. We drove to Kokombo and picked him, Agnes and the doctor up along with all the medications and then headed for the Idudi clinic to pick up Sarah a nurse. I was told the area we would be doing Wilson's feeding program was in Idudi but I think we drove for another hour before finally stopping. As before there were not many women there when we arrived but we ended up seeing 127! Kari, I again gave out the bracelets and what a blessing they were. I got lots of pictures which I will share when I get home and the women were so thankful. I'm hoping I will get more to give away next year in different villages. Please thank your patient for me! I saw two sets of twins today and one set of identical twins. Wilson started the process and I distributed deworming medication. They then moved to Moses and Esther where they recorded their weight. The kids were still smiling at this point. They were then evaluated by the doctor, tested for malaria and Agnes gave out medication as needed. It's fair to say that almost everyone got form of medicine. The women very patiently waited in line for the malaria testing with many of the babies falling asleep. The village elder was so sweet and kind not only to us but to everyone. His name too was Moses. The children just have the sweetest faces. I can't get enough of them. We handed out the posho, beans, rice, matches, oil and soap to all the mothers who's children are on the feeding program. The box was very heavy and the mothers would wrap their infants on their backs, lift up the box and head for home. They are certainly stronger than we are... by a mile! We started the clinic about 12:30 and finished a little after five. Then Moses (the village elder) provided the team with lunch. I opted not to eat, but no worries, Esther ate for me. So did Moses! The more time I spend with Wilson and Agnes the more impressed I am with their hearts. They love these kids and serve them so well. And they ask for nothing in return except our love. It is now 6:05 and we are heading back to Musana and then Kyemba will take the group to Kokombo. Tomorrow we are going to the Agriculture show and then into Jinja to buy the last few things for the Loft.

 

The most awesome thing happened. With Tracy and Carl gone I was given the privilege of moving into their room ALL by myself. For those of you who don't know the benefit of this let me explain. I am now sleeping in a queen size bed. I have my own private refrigerator and microwave and burner if I were so inclined to cook. I also have hangers for my skirts!!! I asked Susan if all three of us should move in and she was quick to tell me NO. I feel like a queen. I am smiling from ear to ear with this blessing. 

 

I love you all. I'm glad to hear the first half of the team made it back safely. I'm sorry for the delay but at least you made it through customs with no problems. We miss you all… Sue

No comments: