Saturday, July 20, 2019

July 19th

Hello friends! 

            First of thank you for all the prayer! Keep them coming! 

This morning we woke up and had a light breakfast and loaded up into the car to go to the agriculture show! Once we arrived and found a parking spot we started the walk into the event. As we made our way through the crowd we tried our best to stay together. Once we paid to get in we kept our eyes peeled for the camels! As we were walking I saw the camel stand up above peoples head so we headed in that direction! As we got to the camel we paid so we could all ride. Esther was the first one to get on the camel. I am going to be honest I was getting a little nervous…. That's a long way to fall! But I didn't chicken out and I got on the camel and the guy who owned the camel walked him up the short road and back. It's not bad when you're on the camel but when he is getting up and getting down… it's a little scary . I am so glad we had the chance to do that! But the fun of the day was just getting started. As we made our way more into the show we found a place where you could see reptiles so we all made our way in. The man who lead us in he bent down to pick up something and I looked at what he was getting  and I couldn't believe what he had in his hands! (sorry Aubra) he had a BABY MONKEY!!!! I asked him if I could hold him and he just handed him to me! Then he walked away and came back with a bottle filled with milk in it for the baby monkey so we could feed him.  We all got to hold him! When it came to Esther's turn the baby monkey peed in her hands and she gave the monkey back to me. The man told us that he is taking care of it because hunters killed his mom. Then Sue pointed to the giant 8 foot snake and said " I want to hold that" and the man walked around and got the snake out and put it around Sue's neck! Everyone  had a turn but me and Kyemba. I was peaceful holding the sleeping monkey and had no desire to hold the snake! But I did stand next to it (with the monkey). Sadly, I couldn't take the monkey home . We said goodbye to the monkey and headed out to see the loin, leopard, ostrich and a couple other animals.  After we saw them we started the walk back to the car and we ate at the Source and did some more shopping  in jinja. After we bought things that we really didn't need we made our way back to home base for dinner. What a wonderful day! I am so thankful to have had such a great day! Me and Esther are both feeling a lot better than we were yesterday! Thank you for the prayers! Hope everything is well at home. Please continue to pray for the last 8 days of our trip! Thank you for all the support and love! Till my next blog! Much love from Uganda! 

Kylee Edmondson 

No comments: