Thursday, September 19, 2013

We Have Arrived! - Update From Sue!

Hi everyone... Yes, we are finally in Iganga. Seems like every year it takes longer and longer to get here. I do want to give a thumbs up to Delta. They were excellent from the start. They were so good to us all. Well except for one tiny detail. After arriving in Entebbe all our luggage arrived...except one of Liz's bags. Sadly, it was the one with ALL her clothes. It stayed in Kigali, which I'm not sure is any better than if it had remained in the States. So we went to baggage claim who told us there were "many" flights from there to here and it would be hand delivered to our hotel. Well as of tonight it still remains in Kigali! We did go into town today to buy her some undergarments (a highly non-spoken about item in this country). One of our Pastors took us and though I had told him what we needed he misunderstood and thought she needed a skirt. So his only question as we stopped at the first "shop" was if she wanted long or short! Needless, to say, this brought a few chuckles to our faces. When he finally understood what we were looking for he turned a few shades of red. I think we know each other better today than before! We arrived here safely and have to say we are all exhausted but eager to go to one of our schools at Top Hills tomorrow to see the kids. It was so good for me to see Haji this morning and then be greeted by the Pastors this afternoon. I felt like I was seeing old friends. I promise to blog more tomorrow but after a little more than five hours sleep since Tuesday I am too tired to think. Love you all.
Glenn leading worship in Entebbe this morning.

No comments: