Sunday, June 26, 2016

Haiti Day 5

Today we visited the orphanage for the very first time. Its been the best trip ever. When we first got to the orphanage, the children surrounded us and hugged and just loved on us for the whole time. When I first came out to see all the children, i thought that they wouldn't like me because, they liked anjian so much i wouldn't be the same. But these Kids didn't care they just wanted to be around us and never let us go. 

Another fun situation that happened was that 2 little boys came up to me with our translator James. Reshcard asked if i had a really big suitcase to bring him to texas so he could be with me. Then i told him it wasn't legal for children to be at the bottom of airplanes in a suitcase. Then he asked me how old would he have to be to get a passport and leave on a plane to visit us, i answer probably 18, and he was appalled. 

Every kid at the orphanage were the most loving, funny, and super kids ever. I cant wait to spend these past days with my new family. 


-Esthe

2 comments:

Deborah Kaye said...

What a beautiful story. Thank you for sharing Esthe!

Unknown said...

Love how the little boy wanted to ride as a stowaway in Ester's suitcase back to Texas with her!