Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Austin to Israel....Leaving

The hardest part of every trip is leaving. But, now I am on my way.

This time is different. This time the focus is on scouting a study tour that I will lead. No RVL. No fun community. Simply a great friend in Tim Becksvoort and the guide of champions - Boaz. For those of you that are new to all this you can catch up at followtherabbi.com

The prayer is that next year in early June G-d will see fit to allow me to lead a group of Bracken Students and a few others over the mountain. It is often said that Israel is the fifth gospel. It will be great to get back to reading.

We will be hiking, praying, and studying the bible together with blistering intensity. I am both looking forward to it and nervous.

Isn't it interesting that Riverside is worldwide right now. Maybe we should pray that way all the time?

Will miss you all. Especially Ryan, Emily, Ethan, and Kylen. Not to mention the love of my life. Wish you were here. And don't worry sweetheart as much as I want to I won't sign off with P.S. I love you.

Shema and Shalom

3 comments:

Meg McCool said...

Scott...as usual please take lots of notes and as usual you are gonna come back with some mighty golden calves!!! pun.

anyway rock on, totally coveting but I will try to not covet but I am totally coveting

Shema!
meg

Sharon said...

Scott, thanks for your piece of tilapia! It was an honor to sit at your family's table last night and share a meal and some love with your fam.

There it's Friday morning...I am thinking right about now you are already sweatin' on your Timnah hikes. I am praying before heading to bed. Listen to G-d's voice in the dust of the desert.

Shalom,
Sharon

Scott said...

I love you sweetie - missing you already. Kids are great. Fell in love with Kylen today. I'm going to bed now, but good morning to you - pray you have an amazing day. xoox - Cathi