Sunday, August 2, 2009

I can see Lebanon

Things are moving fast and furious here. We have study toured En Gedi (twice), Arad, Wadi Zohar, Masada, Avdat, En Avdat, Qumran, Bet She'an, and Bethsaida. That's two days.

It is interesting to begin to listen for how G-d wants to lead this tour. Some of the places I have been many times have new meanings while others are refreshed and so clear.

Wadi Arugot in En Gedi is unbelievable. So beautiful. So powerful. Arad has an entirely new faith lesson. Bethsaida may as well.

While the study is intense the company is great as well. Tim is a scholar (in fact he just helped me spell scholar) and a great friend. We laugh often and have a similar passion for G-d's story. Our guide Boaz has been excellent as always and in this smaller company has opened up at length about present day Israel. It has been facinating and challenging.

Tomorrow is Arbel and the Orthodox Triangle, Tiberius, and probably some stuff we have never seen. Boaz likes to suprise us.

Miss everyone. Praying that church was great. I know Meg was Awesome.

Shema and Shalom

5 comments:

Scott Heare said...

Love you sweetheart!!!

Scott Heare said...

I sent an email to your yahoo with phone card info. Call me when you can! xoox - Cathi

Meg McCool said...

Scott! get me on a bus to those places too! I want to join you in your adventures in the wilderness ;) Yesterday morning was great (it's monday morning now) I felt like I was wading in the Spirit and like God just really really wanted to share what makes his own heart burn and I have to tell you it felt like both my stomach and heart were in flames too

shema!

Sharon said...

Yep - Meg was great! Can't wait for you to see it. You will be proud of her - I know you already are!

So, when you awake today you will go to Nimrod's fortress - vulture hangout - what does this say?! Gamla - a high point for me - no pun intended...love the synagogue there, loved worshipping there more!

I am excited to hear what G-d is teaching you, teaching all of us. May your rest be sweet, your feet move swiftly, your heart be open, your mind be clear, your body be healthy, and your spirit be carried to new heights. In Jesus name I pray, AMEN! (P.S. Tell Boaz hello from the crazy Riverside bunch!)

Debbi's Blog said...

Shema Mi Amigo!

I am so happy you are there!!!
Wish I was with you!!

Am on my knees for you and give Boaz a smooch for me (not literally, that would just be creepy.)
I would LOVE to be hearing his take on Israel today-

Am with you in spirit-
(Sweating just as much here in SA)

Love in Christ,
Deb