Sunday, July 10, 2016

Sabbath

Saturday, July 10th. Hello everyone! It has been a a great day filled with laughter and tears for me. We started off our day with a scrumcious breakfast from our wonderful caregiver(cook) Sarah. We had eggs, avocados, pineapples, mangos, toast, and my absolute favorite coconut coffee. We had a beautiful devotion followed by a worship song at the breakfast table. After, we headed to the church of Musana to worship and listen to the sermon with the children. Oh man, words cannot even describe what I saw and how I felt. It was more than beautiful, to be in the house of God with His children praising Him. They are the most joyful people I have ever met and have so little. I wanted to break down and cry right there in church but had 5 plus kids holding my hands, hugging my side, and dancing that I just held the tears back. The way they take care of each other and love each other is just so breath taking and comforting. Makes my heart so happy and makes me want to love the way they do. After the church service we went back up to our rooms to have lunch and just relax a little before going back down to the kids. We helped the kids sort beans which was so fun! They are so smart and such diligent workers, and did not leave their table till they were done sorting the beans and cleaning their area. Just amazes me because most children in America would not sit through baskets and baskets of bean sorting, but clean up and then help others around them finish their beans. Then when everyone finished cleaning up, the kids got to go have a little free time & boy oh boy they wore me out. We played basket ball, volleyball, and a new sport I learned called net ball. A few hours later we went down to the "futbol" field to watch the Musana leaders play soccer. While they were playing I got to go down behind the field and play soccer with the kids, and barefooted too! They are so amazing. They know so much about the sport and are passionate about it. To watch them put so much effort and pride in something they love was just beautiful. And to play a sport with them that I am passionate about and they are passionate about was just the best feeling in the world. After a an hour or so of playing soccer, our mission team headed back to freshen up and get ready to head to dinner. We ate at an-oh-so delicious place called Sol View. It is a restaurant that helps support Musana. After eating yummy food, we headed back to Musana and our team gathered in the gazebo and got to share a couple things that really touched heart. It was so awesome to hear what everyone had to say and to see the different things God is showing each of us. As if He is touching our hearts and opening our eyes all in different areas where we lack Him. Well it is 10:20here in Uganda, and those precious kids wiped me out, so off to bed for me. We miss all of you guys and keep sending prayers our way!

    Love and blessings,
            Justine



No comments: