Sunday, June 9, 2013

Lesotho Update - Millie


Hello dear family in Christ,
Miss you all, but you are here with me in my heart! Sorry that I haven't written in a day or so. It has been busy, have needed to let my body adjust to the time change, and I have been struggling a bit with not feeling well. Just a few days before I left to come over, I came down with infections in my sinuses and ears, and had gotten very little sleep. But Jo is being so generous and sweet about lettting me rest when I need to. She does so much ministry. I do see how much she needs someone here full time to partner with her in ministry. She goes full steam from morning to night. God is bringing so many for her to love, teach,mentor and pray with, for and through Him. The daily rhythm revolves around one on one sessions for prayer, counseling, and discipling, and then Bible study groups. Jo is a good teacher, teaching with such passion. There is much I can learn form her.  I have been able to add little bits a pieces from what Scott has taught us (another wonderful teacher!), from my studies,  and from what I have learned in my years in prayer ministry.Yesterday we drove an hour and a half for Jo to teach a woman's home cell group in Bloemfontein, South Africa. We left around 6:15am and arrived home in the late afternoon. The study went from 9:00am till a little after 1pm. The seesion started with praise, and I loved the joy in which they sang and danced to the Lord. It was wonderful.Such freedom, such expression and gratitude expressed, such joy. Then Jo had them read out loud from John 13, and I brought in a bowl of warm water, and Jo and I  washed the women's feet and then annointing them oil and praying over each woman. It was one of the most powerful and moving experiences of my life. Only two of the women had ever been ministered to in this way, and none by a white woman. You must remember that some of these women went through Apartheid or if they were too young, their families did. Wounds are very deep. Tears fell freely. I tear up just remembering it now.And then Jo did such a beautiful thing and appoligized for the white race, for the wrongs done to the African peoples. Afterwards we all sang together a hymn of praise to God. The teaching was on forgiveness and then after breaking for tea, on the orphan spirit and sonship. The women asked such wonderful questions, and opened up about their own experiences. There was much prayer. Such beautiful spirits - these women. What a privalege to be a part of this. So much more to share, but must run get ready for church.
God be with you all,
Millie

No comments: