Saturday, January 18, 2014

A Little Bit this and a little bit of GAT

For the last year and a half John and I have discussed having a team from Riverside serving along side their family here in Hungary. Sometimes when you plan and think about something for such a long time there is a fear that the reality won't meet with expectation.....A little side bar here John had us share our expectations on day one and a couple of us (me included) stated that we try not to have expectations.. Well that is hard.. So the truth is I had expectations. I wanted to meet people who love Jesus. I wanted to see God at work in a transformational way. I wanted to have a united team. I wanted to not gag when trying some new food. I wanted to not pass out while giving my talk. I wanted to get to know the Wilson family and become proficient in the art of understanding when John is joking or not. Well friends....so far my expectations have been exceeded. Well except I still don't know when John is joking. I think he is actually going to give me a heart attack at some point on this trip.. :) Day 1 of Alpha training went very well. The worship was beyond words. They sang 10,000 reasons and several other songs we know in English. I believe all of us felt the presence of the Holy Spirit in a powerful way. Today we completed the full day of ALPHA training. We were able to pray over some of the people attending. What a huge blessing that was for me. We had several technical issues but thank goodness we serve a God who is not dependent on PREZI. In the end it looks like there will be several new ALPHA groups in the Debrecen area soon.  

Tonight Genesis and I are staying with a wonderful American missionary family. They work with Good Sports. They work with several orphanages, provide camps and lead English learning classes. They have 3 children all age 13. They were so outgoing and sweet to us. Gen now has lifetime friends. I will have to post a pic of this family tomorrow. 

Tomorrow we go to 2 different churches.  John, Karl, Genesis, Ryan and I will be going to the Calvary Chapel Church. I Will share a bit about ALPHA in the main church service. Then Karl and the kids will lead the 11-14 year old class. Meanwhile,  Blake and Cathi will be heading to the local Pentecostal church. The church leaders requested that Cathi come and share with them after hearing her speak today.  So um... Scott I think you will soon be sharing the pulpit with your sweet wife. She has a gift! Well, she is a gift. 

Feeling so blessed by all that God has allowed us to be a part of this trip...

-Tamara



1 comment:

Michele said...

Y'all are amazing!! Keep the posts coming Tamara! I know you did fantastic Cathi!!!! Love to everyone!