Thursday, January 16, 2014

Hungary, Day 1!

This day has been absolutely bonkers. 
After a long and rather dull flight from SA to Detroit, we landed safely in the snowy city. It was at this point that Mrs. Tamara announced that our flight for Amsterdam was boarding! So after racing through weird colorful and musical tunnles...(And beating Mr. Taylor in a foot race) we arrived at our gate. When me and mom boarded the flight we saw that we were seated between a larger man and his 16 month old daughter, while on the other side was an elderly lady that was already asleep. Great.... Food was terrible but hey, i didnt care.  I didnt sleep on the international flight at all. I mean who can sleep when you can watch bad movies from your early childhood for seven hours? Well after a couple of hours God helped me realize just how great my mom was, she single handedly turned a screaming and crying infant into a smiling, then snoozing infant. So the flight ended and we hopped off. We then walked (quite briskly) to the next terminal for our final flight to Budapest. And this is where the story gets funny, see as I daid before I hadn't slept on the international flight so I was wiped. So as soon and i mean right when we were taxiing (An yes thats a word Gen told me so) anyway right when we were taxiing out of the boarding area, I crashed, HARD! So you can imagine my confusion when I woke up, knowing I had at least slept 30 minutes. And we were still taxiing around in the plane, and outside looked exactly like it had when i went to sleep, and i couldn't  find anybody. But then (to my great relief) the stewardess said "Welcome to Budapest." Agh, thats probably a good thing i thought. But it still took my Mom and the rest of the team a super long time to get off the plane. Baggage went fine and we popped out of the terminal, only to be greeted by the one the only.... JOHN "I GOT TALLER" WILSON! And after many happy reunions i got enlisted to go with Mr. Wilson to go get the alpha books, that took a long time and we had many meaningful conversations about Hungary, our mission, and what we would do if we were pulled over....later we met up with everybody and had a nice 2 1/2 hour lunch. We then returned to the hotel and ran over some final things. So now we are sitting in johns office, eating mushroom and corn pizza and hoping to be done by midnight! God Bless! 
-Ryan T. Heare

2 comments:

Jo said...

Thanks for a great wrap up on your travels. Keep up the good work. Helps Grandma deal with the fact that you and your Mom are so far from home. The pizza exactly looked very good. Love you both and hope you are having a great night sleep . Have a safe trip tomorrow and may you work that you are there to do be a blessing to you and the team. Sleep well. Love Grandma Jo

DBoggs said...

Great blog post, Ryan! Vivid descriptions with just the right touch of hilarity help us feel like we are journeying along with you. Excited we get to see what God is doing in and through y'all in Hungary. You're pioneers for Riverside! Praying for refreshing rest and spiritual renewal each and every day.
Blessings to all,
Debby Boggs