Friday, July 13, 2018

July 13 Michele

Happy Friday from Uganda! Today was an extremely busy day. There's another team here from Colorado, which I'm assuming someone else from our team has already shared with you. We worked alongside them and Musana interns at the High School VBS that took place from 10am-10pm today. Yes…you read that correctly! A 12 hour VBS…they have really long days here. They will continue with day two tomorrow. The morning started out with a devotion on suffering then small group discussions. 

 

After lunch, we had four hours of games and crafts. The Riverside team was responsible for the "crafts", which consisted of bracelet making and a thumbprint project for all the high schoolers. Two of our lucky team members were assigned other tasks…the forever photographer Sue and Jacob, of course, got to run and play games with the kids. Let's just say "crafts" was not the smoothest of the stations today! 500 Ugandan children rotating in five different intervals is not as easy as it sounds, plus we ran out of supplies three times, but God kept blessing us with alternatives. They were just so excited to participate. Plus, more than a few participated more than once, hence the running out of supplies. You just can't keep that many kiddos straight, so you do the best that you can and go with the flow, even when it's a bit bumpy. All in all it was a great day!

 

Personally, the team is on my case a bit about being what they perceive to be my "picky eating habits". Generally, I may not like certain things, but I do just fine and have found favorites in about every country I visit. Uganda has been a little trickier. I made fast friends with one of the High School staff members today and as we chatted away it was right before lunch. She generously offered to serve me lunch as we sat and shared a meal together. I'm not quite sure what I ate, can't say I liked it in the least, but it's the friendship I'll remember. However, I was quick to point this food advancement out to my team members!

 

Love and Hugs to everyone! (craigg, hunter and luke especially!) Michele

No comments: