Saturday, July 14, 2018

July 13th

This morning I woke up all ready to head out to Idudi and my roomy Judy said my teeth feel so fuzzy even after I brush them. So I thought today is my turn to blog and what I wanted to do today was pay special attention to the sayings of each team member. I wrote the name of each member and tucked it into my purse and that was the last time I was that piece of paper. As soon as we arrived at New Life Children Ministry in Idudi children came rushing over for hugs, hand shakes and Love. The campus was quickly filled with music and dancing. Glenn led several songs which we all sang to and danced. Frankly it was joyful and exhausting. We then began to divide up to paint the school. Despite Jason's great effort to teach me to paint I was so thankful that my services were requested elsewhere. Pastor Wambi asked me if I would mind meeting with a young mother who was quite depressed and who expressed not wanting to live. Beautiful Agnes and I walked across the dirt road. This young mother placed two stools and spread a shawl on the ground. I asked her if I could join her on the shawl. With Agnes' help I was able to ask her about her story and how I could help. She shared some of her sufferings. We talked about how she could get more support given that there is so much stress in the family. I taught her some ways to calm down. We agreed that Agnes and I would meet with Pastor Wambi and how her community could support her. While we were having this serious conversation, I felt an ant bite me on the bottom. I jumped up and we all started laughing! We hugged and I prayed over her. Please continue to keep this young mother in your prayers as she deals with depression, suicidal thoughts and raising three young children while being a child herself. 
Blessings and love to family and friends and Home, (especially Buz, Malea, Tamara, Heidi, Dane and My Mother and Father) Laura

Blessings,   Michele

No comments: