Thursday, June 22, 2017

Brothers and Sisters

Oh where to begin...so much to share and share and share. First off, my heart felt thanks to my loving husband and children for your encouragement and support in my following a long cherished dream to meet and build relationships with our African brothers and sisters. 

I am blessed to share this experience with 6 wonderfully kind and strong women!  Love, love, love "all ya all" as I think they say in Texas. 


So, what I have read about the Ugandan people is true; they are a warm hearted people, and quite welcoming, and this is despite the many challenges and hardships they face each day. We Americans and Europeans could learn a lot from the Ugandan people. 


Today we spent the day with the Musana community outreach program in a rural community with focus upon health. I am in awe of this community of young adults who are devoting themselves to the health and growth of their people. They work long hours without complaint and are quick to embrace each other and us with genuine warmth  and humor. 


Grandma laura in



No comments: