Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Haiti Day 3

Overall, today was the longest day so far. For starters, we decided to fast for the majority of the day- which was not at difficult as I thought it would be -and then we also did a ton of prayer walks, in the heat. This being said, I would still say that I loved just about every second of it. Getting to see all the establishments and clinics in the community was so incredible and I especially loved when my small group got the opportunity to go and sit in on the Christianville school’s time of worship/competition. The joy and purity that all of the elementary-aged students had was just mid-blowing to watch, and I could tell the rest of my team felt the same way. Later in the day when we got back to the house, everyone got together and played scribble-head and charades, which was very entertaining, and my team won of course. I think that today was exactly what we all needed it to be, and we got a lot of time to just sit and talk- both about the things we have been experiencing and things that are going on in our lives back at home -which was really great. That’s all I got, so thanks for reading! 

Emma

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you Emma!! So good to experience a taste of your trip.