Thursday, June 15, 2017

Hungary Day 3

"You're a Good, Good Father…" I don't often wake up with a song in my head, but in Hungary this was the second day in a row with a sweet worship song to kick off my day. It's been a long time since I've traveled internationally and never for a mission trip. I realize that I love the world differently than in my travels when I was younger. The lens of God brings His heart to an almost tangible place within your own that can be indescribable. Today we worked closely with the elders of the local church and their pastor John Wilson, our Overflow partner. The deep rooted love for their relationships, community and God is abundant and to their core. John is completely devoted to his church that he leads and...a true father to this community.

Our team is doing amazing!! It's been a true gift that we've all worked together for years. It turns out after almost a non-stop week together Scott, Liz and I still like each other!!! I know...it surprused me too!! Just Kidding! Tomorrow is our last day in Hungary. Scott will be heading home and Liz and I are off to another adventure...Poland!! More to come later!!

Michele

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Prayers for your last day as team of 3 and for the rest of your trip!

Zsofi said...

Michele, thank you for being here, for your gentle, loving, powerful presence on this team. I very much enjoyed getting to know you more and wished we would have had more time. I wish you a blessed trip to Poland and then a smooth transition to being back in the States.