Monday, July 15, 2019

July 15th

Today we got up and headed to breakfast. The best thing I packed was peanut butter and grape jelly. It is my morning staple every day. Thanks Steve for telling me to throw the second bag into my suitcase. I like peanut butter at home. I LOVE it here!! After breakfast we made the tour so Aubra, Craigg and Denise could say their goodbyes. Denise had a hard morning as the girls she met at the high school were very needy. They wanted "something" to remember her by. She told them she had the letters they had written her. They wanted more sweets! And one of the girls asked her a question preceding it with don't get mad. They wanted money to go to the agricultural show which the students have to pay for themselves. They also said they wanted to give her a gift sometime. She responded she didn't want a gift, she just wanted to be their friend. Musana has strict rules about giving the students gifts and we are to adhere to their desires. She also wears two silicone bands as her wedding ring and they each wanted one. It is very hard to say no, but we have to. It seems everywhere we go I am being asked for something. Usually money. It is frustrating because that is not what I am here for. It is not as prevalent at the high school as it is out in the communities. That is why I love Wilson so much. He accepts what we have to offer but he never asks for anything! After that we went down to the women's ministry and they had a chance to tell Mali and Denis goodbye. Then we were off to meet with Florence regarding Liz. She and I are going to Idudi tomorrow to meet with her and Andrew's social worker and then we will go out and meet with Ruth, her sister, who is acting as her mother. I honestly don't know if Musana will accept her as they only put children on the sponsorship program who are the most vulnerable. But I hope they do. The difference in education she will receive will be earth shattering! Now we are in the gazebo resting. I'm actually thinking I may take a nap today after the team leaves. That sounds delightful!!

 

The team just departed for Entebbe and the girls have moved in. Denise, sad to say they wasted no time replacing you in the room. We've all decided a full day of not moving is what we need. Kylee is reading; Esther is getting herself organized and I'm blogging. Tonight we are going to Soul Cafe with a husband and wife team who are here and Susan. And then tomorrow we start again with a bang! The girls will be helping with VBS and I will be meeting with people all day. The day turned from a beautiful sunny day to torrential downpour. We have been without power for most of the afternoon and am thankful that Sol View has a back up generator. Talapia sounds awfully good tonight! I am off to dinner but wanted to wish our team the best success in getting home. I hope all the flights are on time and that customs in Atlanta goes very smoothly. If any of you think about it have a bowl of ice cream for me! I miss you already! And Denise I sure am hot!!!!!

 

 









No comments: