Saturday, July 27, 2019

July 27th

Didn't sleep much last night in anticipation of leaving today. Though I was mostly packed I kept thinking of things I had to get done today. I probably jumped out of bed at least five times to write things down. Last night I went to Andrea and Harils for dinner and had the best fish I've ever had! The criteria for being invited was that you had to be over 20! I told the girls that would be raised to 21 next year!  Kristen and Leah were there and we had some nice adult conversation. So here is what I learned. Leah and Umar are still together. He will be spending her last week in Uganda in Iganga so they can be together. Then he is planning to come stateside for Christmas. He has started his own business using urgent care centers as his model. Leah goes back to Colorado to start her last year in her doctorate program and then I'm guessing she will return to Uganda. Kristen is dating a guy from Kampala she met at Sipi Falls. It was really nice to have some time with them and catch up. The girls ate in the guesthouse with Damali, Dezi and Josiah!

 

So after breakfast we (both teams) waited for our drivers to show up. While waiting, Haril decided to give us a tour of the new women's ministry compound. If you go out the back gate of the guesthouse instead of turning right to go to the secondary school you turn left. They project it will be finished by the end of August and then the different women's groups will move up there. The current women's space is going to be transformed into housing for the women. How awesome is that??? We then loaded up the car and headed for Jinja for a few last minute things. We got to say goodbye to Carol who mans the shop right next to the Source. Saying goodbye to the staff at Musana was really hard. They are all such great people. Haroon, Prossy, Dorcas and Rosemary, Andrea and Haril, Agray, Keneth and Susan. The only redeeming value is I know I will be back next year!! Now we are on the road to Entebbe and the traffic is terrible. I think we've moved 30 miles in the last 1-1/2 hours. We plan to eat at Cafe Java in Entebbe before being dropped off at the airport. Before leaving Musana Esther bet me an ice cream cone that she could stay awake through the drive to the airport and the first leg of the flight. Not an hour into the drive she was sound asleep and I have a picture for proof! That girl can, and does, sleep anywhere!! She is missing her last opportunity to see the beauty that this country has to offer. 

 

We stopped at Café Java for lunch and also exchanging the left over money. The rate was better than what we would get at the airport. I had my last Ugandan fish and what I didn't finish Esther and Moses did! The final leg to the airport was uneventful. Kyemba and Moses very kindly rolled our suitcases up to the door and we are now seated in the waiting room. We have been here since 4:30 and our flight doesn't leave until midnight! Better early than late is my motto! In a few hours we will actually be able to go through security and at least be at the gate!

 

In case you haven't been able to tell over the last month and my blogs I love this country. Julie I saw Isaac and his twin brother Moses, and directed them to talk to Florence about being re-enrolled. I hope they follow up with that as Florence is expecting them to come. He looks great and wanted me to be sure to tell you hello and that he loves you. The staff at Musana gives all of you who have been here before greetings and well wishes. I am eager to come home and chill for a few days. I am exhausted but it has been a good exhaustion. I feel we have developed relationships and worked closely with our partners. I love you all. Sue

No comments: