Friday, July 5, 2019

July 5th

Hi all!!  It is Friday July 5 in at Musana.  OK, I'm going to begin my blog post by referring to a song, by Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young  (Teens, you can ask your grandparents who they are).  The name of the song is "The Southern Cross"  A particular line in the song says "When you see the Southern Cross for the first time, you will understand now why you came this way…"

I'm Craigg by the way, and anyone who knows me well knows I'm a passionate "Night Sky" person, so our 2ndevening here, I looked for and found the Southern Cross, which is never visible from our latitude in Texas.  I'm 63, and this is the first time in my life that I have seen it and it is beautiful.  But at the same time, after only 2 days of working with the students and math teachers at Musana Vocational High School, it was also very clear to me "now why I came this way!"!!  I'm absolutely worn out, but so intensely invigorated and excited to be able to work with these exceptionally loving and accepting people.  The teachers have been crazy excited with the innovative ways I've been showing them that they can make the math they are teaching real, and tangible, and touch it and see it, and they are already adapting their classroom teaching to try to incorporate very real applicability in everything they teach. The students are AMAZING!!  They will not ever let me carry anything around the campus.  They take it from me and ask me where I am going, and they walk alongside carrying all my stuff for me.  I know I have some AMAZING FRIENDS AND FAMILY who love me, but I don't know if I have ever felt such an outpouring of welcoming and opening their hearts to me. It is an amazing feeling. Clearly, this is one of the most fulfilling things I have ever done, and I really appreciate the thoughts, prayers, and support you all have provided to make this trip a reality.

Like I really needed to, I'm quite sure I'm gaining weight!  The food that is prepared for us is incredible, and their overall hospitality is over the top.

Thank you for listening, I'll pass on to Sue for how the day has gone for others on the team.    

 

So for the rest of us we got up and headed out to Bukona, the site of the second primary campus. Our schedule showed we were working alongside the Colorado team in a mini version of VBS. Unfortunately our schedule and theirs were not the same and thus where we thought we had a lot of time to do over bit, in reality we had little more than 30 minutes to complete our craft. Not an easy task with 50 plus students. We started the morning with Primary 1 through 4. In the afternoon we tackled P5 through P7. Afterwards we came back to the women's ministry we visited earlier in the week and purchased a few more bowls. Their work really is amazing! Craigg, Denise and I are now chilling and the three young girls and Moses are at the secondary school for Bible study and fellowship. 

 

I also thank you for your prayers and thoughts. 

 

Craigg and Sue

No comments: