Sunday, June 8, 2008

the end of days

First things first, happy happy happy happy birthday to Brooke, i love you and that you were born, you look more beautiful today than the day i met you, you are a blessing to me and it is my highest honor to be the husband of such a magnificent bride. honey I love you.
Well the days just keep getting better. Today we visited the temple mount and the southern wall. It is amazing to see it again, we didn’t go up to the western wall but hopefully tomorrow.

Then we went to Hezzekiah’s tunnel, it was colder than I remember, but still so cool. Only G-d could have connected those two tunnels. After that we went somewhere new, it was an amazing experience but heart breaking. We went to the Holocaust Museum. Boaz led this part of our trip giving up Shav’ uot with his family. There was a children’s memorial that had a dark room with four candles in it and mirrors so that there was 1 light for all the million and a half children killed in the Holocaust. They had pictures of some of them, we all wept. I thanked Boaz and all I could think to say was sorry as he had many relatives ed in the holocaust. then we traveled to Bethlehem and to the Herodian. We even got to see Herod's tomb tha was discovered a year ago, not even RVL has been where we went. and today is Shav'uot and the city is bustling. this would have been pentacost for the early christians the day the Spirt came and G-d wrote his word on the people's hearts. it is facinating to see all the peole dressed up for this major feast, coming from all over the world to celebrate in Jerusalem.
Tomorrow is our last day before the great plane ride home i am sad, but excited to see al of you again and share more in person as it is impossible to explain on a blog. it will also be nice to have some rest. I love you all and will pray for you tomorrow at the wall.

Tben

P.S. happy birthday Brooke, I will always Love You

2 comments:

The Blevins' said...

The holocaust museum, how cool. And Herod's tomb...awesome. We talked about Pentecost today at church. I prayed that you would be able to experience Shavout in a new and unique way while you were there, so i am glad to see that you were blessed to see that holiday. Thanks for your kind words about my birthday. Lizzy got a bunch of people to sign a card for me at church today...it was really neat. Patricia gave me a beautiful necklace that she said God had given her the inspiration for. My birthday has been truly special!! We have group tonight at 5 at the JK deans, so that should be fun. Well, i love you and can't wait to hear all about your trip. See you in just two short days. Love you!

Jamie King said...

Charis was so excited when I read her the blog!! She can't believe you are THERE!! Thanks for keeping us up on the trip. From Charis: I hope you have a good trip and learn a lot!! Grady and Charis said say hi to Big Caleb!!