Monday, June 2, 2008

Tears in the Desert


we left the desert today after visiting Ein Gedi and Qumran. It was very difficult for some of the group and it has cost us some of the sights but it has been great getting to know the people and who they really are. I was very sad to see the desert go but am excited about being in Galilee. We arrived at our hotel and i ran into someone I knew a man named RVL has a group here also and Brad grey is his facilitator. they said hi to the group. it is great to see RVL something about him always makes me smile. bless G-d for the men who lead these trips for those of us who are hungry. RVL talked about the trip in OCtober and is very excited to have us, Brooke get ready cause I want to go and I am not coming with out you. I even saw Kojak the guy who made my ring. we did hike a different trail at ein gedi u the wadi eingot, it was pretty sweet but my feet are a little mushy after being wet all day. I hope they are better tomorrow. Ein gedi reminded me that we are to be like streams of living water in the desert, which means we have to be in the desert. without the desert the water loses its meaning. we need to be a place that gives life to those who are in the desert. a great picture that i am working out in my head. sorry about no pictures we are having some technical difficulties hopefully now that we are at one place a few days we will be able to get some up. we drove through the west bank today and it might have been the most unexciting part of the trip so far, if it weren't for the fact that the airconditioner in the bus froze over and it was blazing hot. this is truely a beautiful land and an inspiring place i pray that G-d is moving in many of you to take the trip in Oct. because I desparately want to share this experience with you. i continue to be humbled by some of the men helping and sacrificing for their wives. I was so proud of becky(the lady with no knees) she twisted it at the end of the day yesterday but she pushed through like a champ, and even better she gave G-d the glory. it has only benn 5 days and yet it seems like weeks, and even now I know it will not last much longer. we will look for G-d in all that we do and try not to miss a moment of the time we have with him in this special place. I will try to get up at five and write some more but now its time for bed.

Tben

P.S. Brooke, I Love you

5 comments:

raenette said...

Ben, we love hearing about everything. I laugh everytime I read your blogs b/c it still sounds so much like you. I can hear your crazy tones and see your funny faces as I read. We miss you man and love you. We are still praying for you guys. Tell Caleb good job for not doing "brooke" work!!!

Momma B said...

Ben, I am glad that you are having a great time. We miss you here. Daddy is enjoying your blogs very much--especially the part where Caleb won't wash your clothes or let you snuggle. I am glad to hear the Brooke is pregnant.
Macy Moo misses you too, she keeps asking why she can't talk to benny boy. She can't figure out where Israel is. You will have to spend some time with her when you get back and 'splain things to her.
Stay safe, and have a wonderful trip. Love you, Momma

jewels said...

Ben, thanks for the blogs. I look every day to see that you are safe in God's hands and learning a lot. So----how am I really going to find out about my very first grand baby? Let's reconsider the blog approach!
Keep in touch. Love you.

The Blevins' said...

Love you babe!! So excited to continue to hear your stories. I am so glad that you got to see RVL...i prayed for that...so G-d is good. I am excited about October as well, will definitely be praying about it. Things are well on the homefront...other than Lori throwing up in the bed this morning at 1am. I think she was just sick from worrying about where dad is. I like what you said about having to be in the desert to actually be living water. We can't just stand on the edges and look out over the desert, we actually have to get dirty, hot, and sweaty in order to provide shade and water to those who are tired and weary. Good news there are lots of desert situations back here in Spring Branch that need living water. I love you tons. Caleb--i hope that you are surviving my stinky husband and that you are learning a ton. I can't wait to hear about what G-d has been teaching you. I think G-d must have been watching out for you when he sent you to Israel right after the Spurs lost so sadly...i am not sure you could have made it back here in the states. Have a fantastic time in Galilee...i just love the Kibbutz!!

raenette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.