Friday, July 17, 2015

A Day for Accomplishments:

 Today, we went down to work on the library, all of us.  As we accomplished our  task in the library kids started to show up.  We taught a few of the older kids the method Judy and Julie created so the older kids could teach the younger kids.  After reading to the kids a little we headed to the Worship center where the school choir was going to preform.  I sat down in an empty row and a few kids sat around me.  After a good twenty minutes the choir was ready to preform.  (the choir has a competition the 23rd and they wanted us to watch their dress rehearsal.)  The entire thing was surrounded on the fact that young marriages and young pregnancies should NOT take place.  They were amazing, all the songs they sang were ones they wrote and they danced and did poetry.  It was so good, they danced and sang so beautifully.  During a short intermission some kids were dancing, Sue decides that next intermission we were gonna dance for them!  I was not too happy about that, but some how Tamara got out of it! I just wanna know how that even happened.  Well, once we got up on the stage I had no clue what to do, so I just wiggled my hips then the kids started to come up and dance with us.  Once the intermission was over we sat back down, then the choir finished.  The choir has made quit an accomplishment today and I know they'll do great in their competition.  After the choir preformance we headed back to the room so that the mural group could change into our paint clothes.  After we changed we went down and put the few finishing touches on the mural.  The group consisted of me, Liz and Hannah for today.  We finished up leaves and the kids in the tree, we finally accomplished the mural!  When we finished we planned on going to the market.  While we were waiting to here from Kyemba we sat in the breezeway connecting our rooms and some of the boys that live at Musana came over, Tony, Grace, Ezekiel<(goes to Musana, mom works at Musana), Betty<(i honestly do not know much about Betty).  Tony wanted to take pictures on my phone so I let him take a few because honestly it isn't very smart to give the kids your phone but me being me I did.  I got my phone back and then Tony and Ezekiel decide that they want to tickle me!  I finally got them to stop tickling me by tickling them.  Once we heard that Kyemba was on his way we walked to the gate to meet Kyemba to get in the van, and we headed to the market. 


(IF YOU CANNOT HANDLE GRUESOME TYPE STUFF I WOULD RECOMMEND NOT READING BELOW THIS!!!)


Right as we drove into the market, it was like BANG! Meat, every where, normally I am pretty okay with meat but I'm talking like 10 carts in a row full of meat... with tails.  Some intestines here and there, it was pretty gross.  I could only look for so long, just reminds you not to eat most of the meat here because it sits out pretty much all day long.  


(OKAY CARRY ON WITH READING! I PROMISE NO MORE NATSY)


Once Kyemba parked and we went into the inner market it was good.  The inner market was mainly fruits, vegetables, kitchen utensils and brooms.   Once we got out we checked out the few fabric shops that were open.  Few shops were open because today was ED, a muslim holiday symbolizing the end of Ramadan.  After a few group members made their fabric purchases we got back in the van and headed back to Musana.  When we finished eating me, Judy and Hannah got to talk with Haril for a little bit and it was so sweet!  After we finished talking we headed down to the fire one of the interns, Jamie, had made.  It was good until the smoke gets all in your eyes and you gotta move, but it was fun to sit and just be there.  Not many people can say they've had a Ugandan camp fire?! :)  I got up and came to the room, I smell very smokey. ;)  Now, I'm here typing out this blog for you people to read, I say it like that cause i have no clue who all reads this but.. HI PEOPLE!! :)   (: And that is how my day went, hope you enjoyed reading our adventures this week, I can't believe we are gonna leave in a few days, its crazy!  Well anyways, BYE PEOPLE!! :)


Have mercy! ~ Emily Marquez

(for those of you that don't know "have mercy!" is a quote from the TV show Full House, I just felt like putting that quote there) (: 

1 comment:

Cheta said...

Thanks for posting, I enjoy hearing what you all have to say. I'm Sue's sister and I've been reading these blogs for years...