Monday, July 20, 2015

Our last adventure here in Uganda...

20 July 2015

 

Let me begin by saying HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to Todd!  God blessed me beyond measure with reconnecting us in His perfect timing. Love you!!! 

I cannot believe that we are packing up tonight and leaving Uganda tomorrow. I know that I will be changed forever from the time I've spent here. Every morning we were sweetly greeted by Sarah, volunteer caretaker.  She has such a joyful heart and is a great cook, as well. 

This morning Kyemba arrived at 8:00 to drive us to Lake Victoria, with the 3 current Musana interns. The trip was very dusty and bumpy but more importantly, beautiful! We drove through villages that looked quite similar to Iganga and countryside that reminded me of Texas, lantana bushes, bougainvillea, piney woods and red dirt. Words don't do the scenery justice.  We made a quick stop for a restroom break just before the lake. I was told it was the nicest in the area…let me just say I would not want to see the others by that description! We all survived and loaded the Jesus boat without incident. More breathtaking scenery. Once ashore, boda bodas were gathered and the fun began. 

We arrived at a sweet village church, receiving the warmest of welcomes from the community.  We met the lead Pastor Charles and his wife, Sarah, his extended family and another local Pastor who was a muslim and converted to Christianity. After the choir performed for us, both adult and children, we listened to a sermon about being the salt of the earth. Jesus is the perfect teacher as he taught lessons that everyone could understand during his time on earth. He is still teaching them 2000+ years later. He loves us all and wants us to open our hearts to Him for a personal relationship, regardless of where on this beautiful planet we live.

Please pray for our new friends that live on islands in Uganda as well as all Ugandans to be strengthened by His love.

Love,

Julie

No comments: