Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Fwd: Ready to Go



Hello everyone! Tomorrow our Uganda mission team heads to the airport to begin our service! Our team is so happy to be going to Uganda this year, many of whom are going back! We will spend most of tomorrow and Wednesday traveling and will arrive there Wednesday evening. This year we have a mission group made up entirely of women, which will be a fun adventure! I am very blessed and excited to be going with this group. Both Julie Page and I (Samantha Dickey) have never been to Uganda, so this will be a new experience for us! Thankfully we have such a wonderful and supportive team to help us along the way. I cannot wait to see how G-d uses our team in Uganda. While our team has been more than helpful in preparing us for this journey, I know that there is still so much that can only be experienced. Although I'm filled with some nerves for what's ahead, I am extremely ready for this life-changing event that G-d has for us. We will be doing a lot of great work with Musana and Phil's kids, along with spending time in the community. I am happy and anxious to serve in whatever way G-d leads me, although I am hoping for plenty of time with the kids! I've had the chance the past few weeks to hear more stories from my teammates, who have been to Uganda before, about the wonderful people they have met and worked with there. Hearing these stories and learning about the different people I will meet and all of the kids I will get to spend time with makes me ready to go! Yesterday after the 11 service at Riverside, our team spent some time packing supplies and doing several checks between ourselves to ensure that everything is ready. Since then all the packing has been finished and there isn't much to do except get some rest before our early morning (4 AM!!) Thank you all for your prayers and we will keep you posted with what G-d does with us!! 

~Samantha



Sent from my iPhone

No comments: