Friday, July 24, 2015

Jesus made time for kids and His job was to save the world


Hello Everyone! It's Hannah here J

Today was, like every other day, AMAZING. However today was especially special for me. While the whole team was here at Musana, Jen, Liz, Emily, and I were asked to do a mural on the outside of the nursery kid's building. Apparently, the staff at Musana was quite nervous to see how good our painting skills were. However, they were pleased with our skills and even asked if I would like to do more after the team had left. I think they got nervous all over again as I set out to paint the front of their small clinic by myself. I love painting. It is my favorite medium and my number one peaceful activity. They ended up loving it and asked me to paint the entire outside of the dining hall. I have always dreamed of getting to go crazy painting an entire building. God is really good. He knew that I love Africa, kids, and painting, and I was able to live inside those three loves today. I started painting around 10 this morning and didn't stop until 3. The kids at Musana LOVE to watch people paint. They also enjoy finger painting on the walls you just finished. Usually, that would really bother me. However, God was really faithful and sweet and gave me the patience and joy I needed to have fun with the kids while I painted. Jesus made time for kids and His job was to save the world. I thought I should too, considering my job was just painting a wall. So when the kids snuck up and drew on the walls when they thought I wasn't looking, I was able to smile. I let some of the older kids who looked interested help me paint some birds and flowers. I was reminded that when you make time to love people throughout your day, your heart is calmed and healed and loved in return. I would have missed out on building relationships with beautiful people today if I had been too concerned with my task at hand. Sue, Samantha, and Musana's interns went to watch the students' volleyball game during the day, and Musana won! Samantha said she was so impressed by the way Ishmael, the volleyball coach, interacted with his team. She said he was always patient, encouraging, and uplifting. The staff here at Musana is seriously the best. Sue and Samantha also got the chance to visit our beloved friend and bus driver Kymba's grandkids at their primary school. After the day's events, Sue and Samantha returned to Musana along with some very happy volleyball players. Samantha then helped me add detail to the mural after which she and Sue painted some more motivational signs that will be placed all throughout the campus. Afterwards, we had a nice visit with Andrea, her husband Haril, Leah, and the Interns. Sarah then made us all "burritos" with chipati, rice, and guacamole for dinner, and we finished the day off around a campfire with s'mores. I always love to look at the stars here in Uganda during our campfires. They are so much brighter in the night sky. We are all happy and healthy here in Uganda and are loving every second of our time here. Thanks for reading and we will see you in a about a week!


Sent from my iPhone

No comments: